Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die Empty
PostSubject: Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die   Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 1:27 am

Quote :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Police say an elderly California woman who went missing for four years was conned by a team of grifters who stole her money and abandoned her in a squalid shack in Maine.

According to the LA Times, 89-year-old Sarah Cheiker went missing in 2008, prompting a worried neighbor to file a missing persons report. Four years later, she was found living in a tiny shack after neighbors alerted Lincoln County police.

"It was a place I wouldn't have let my dog live in," said Lincoln County Sheriff's Det. Robert McFetridge.

The cabin's lone light bulb had burned out, leaving the woman in darkness. What food there was had spoiled. And though the summer weather in coastal Maine is typically mild, the day she was discovered, the temperature had climbed into the 100s, McFetridge said.
Police eventually figured out that shortly before her disappearance, Cheiker was taken in by two 41-year-old twins, Barbara and Nicholas Davis, and their 21-year-old godson, Jonathan Stevens.

According to the Times, they began driving Cheiker to appointments and even let her live with them when her home was damaged by a fire. Then, police say, they sold her home without telling her and used the proceeds to drive her to Maine, where they allegedly abandoned her.

"I think they were hoping she'd expire and it would be called an unattended death," Det. McFetridge told the Times.

"They purchased numerous properties across the country with her money," a Lincoln County prosecutor said. "I've seen things that were egregious, but I'd never seen a person taken across the country, stripped of their assets and left to die."

According to the Times, the three pleaded guilty to felony charges of endangering the welfare of a dependent person—and received probation.
Back to top Go down
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die   Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Seriously how cruel can you be!?
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Freebird
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die   Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 12:15 pm

Probation? Are you fucking kidding me?! So basically it's OK to rob an old lady and leave her to die but if you get caught with a bit of weed you're going to jail? Our system is seriously corrupted!!
Back to top Go down
Bethers
Bethers
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die   Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Probation?! Wth?! Leave their sorry asses in the middle of BFE and leave their asses to die. Probation....SMH
Back to top Go down
FatAmy
FatAmy
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die   Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Wtf probation!!!!! That's so wrong! It should of been attempted murder!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die   Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing California Woman Was Allegedly Left to Die

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1