Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty Empty
PostSubject: Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty   Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Quote :
Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty Nina-Ricci-Fall-2015-Makeup2

We always hear makeup artists (and our mothers for that matter) telling us that less is more, and we always just smile and nod and reach for the full-coverage foundation and our favorite eye-shadow palette. It just doesn't seem possible that so little makeup can make a difference in the morning, am I right? Wrong. Backstage at Nina Ricci, makeup artist Aaron de Mey created the prettiest, pared-down makeup looks I've ever seen, and lucky for you, I'm spilling all the details.

"The models are meant to look very defined and very beautiful but not super made-up," said de Mey, who prepped the skin with a lightweight moisturizer (his favorites include Glossier Skin Primer and anything from La Roche-Posay) and skipped foundation. "That's my secret—I only use concealer where you need it, so around the edges of the nose, underneath the eyes, and on any spots that need covering." He also left the cheeks as bare as possible, allowing the models' natural rosiness to show through. "That way, you can either amplify [the cheeks] or tone them down depending on what you need," he explained.

The beautiful skin was only the beginning, however. It's what de Mey did with the eyes that made the models look even prettier than they already are. After tracing a beige pencil along the inner rims of the eyes, he curled the lashes and painted three-to-four coats of mascara on top and bottom with a mini fan brush, concentrating the pigment on the roots of the lower lashes. Then he topped the lids with M.A.C. Gloss Crème Brilliance, a more comfortable alternative to a sticky gloss or goopy balm. "I love a gentle shine on the lids because you can create an automatic contour in the crease without having to use any color." He beefed up the brows with a mix of powders and pencils and brushed them up with a clean mascara wand sprayed with L'Oréal Elnett hair spray (he likes it because it dries matte and not shiny). "The bushier brows actually make you look more wide-eyed and awake," he explained. A touch of highlighter on the cheekbones and at the inner corners of the eyes gave the skin an ethereal glow, while deep-burgundy nail polish (Michael Kors Glam Nail Lacquer in Desire) added a cool-girl edge. So maybe the approach isn't exactly less-is-more—de Mey explained it as "lots of layers to look really natural"—but in the case, I'm willing to put in a little extra effort to look like I barely even tried.
http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2015/03/super-pretty-simple-makeup.html[/mention] wrote:
Back to top Go down
Selli
Selli
VIP
VIP

Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty   Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Oooooooooo! Thanks for sharing!!! I hate that cakey look foundation gives!!!
Back to top Go down

Here's a No-Makeup Makeup Look to Try That's Also Incredibly Pretty

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1