Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! Empty
PostSubject: Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!   Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:30 pm

“This is NOT okay. This completely ruined our Christmas…” is the post-Christmas Facebook comment that launched a public relations nightmare for Hasbro, the parent company of Play-Doh.

The Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Cake Mountain Playset looks like a wonderful toy for kids. It’s a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Best Seller on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with 77 reviews. It has a fairly impressive four star rating. The problem is with the 2-piece extruder. The piece that dispenses the icing.

The extruder looks exactly like a veiny little dildo. Exactly!

According to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], parents started complaining about the penis-like shape of the extruder in November. Unfortunately, Hasbro did not respond quickly enough and these phallic shaped icing extruders found their way under Christmas trees around the world this holiday season.

Some uptight parents were livid and commented on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The Play-Doh dildo controversy went viral and the comment section of their Facebook page exploded. Some parents were truly upset. Others felt it was a non-issue and the complaining parents were overly sensitive prudes. Then there were the trolls, pouring fuel on the fire.

Shortly after dildo-gate went viral, Play-Doh’s social media manager screwed up. Big-time. They started [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from their Facebook page. This poor attempt at damage control angered even more customers and complaints about comment deletion started pouring in as well.

According to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Hasbro’s publicist, Julie Duffy, had the following to say about the blunder:
Quote :
“We have heard some consumer feedback about the extruder tool in the Play-Doh Cake Mountain playset and are in the process of updating future Play-Doh products with a different tool.”

Play-Doh posted a message to their Facebook page saying they will be updating the extruder tool in all future playsets and will offer a replacement tool to anyone interested:
Quote :
“We have heard some consumer feedback about the extruder tool in the Play-Doh Cake Mountain playset and are in the process of updating all future Play-Doh products with a different tool. Should any consumer want a replacement extruder for this item, they can contact Hasbro’s Customer Service Department at 800-327-8264.”

We’ve gathered the best of the best Facebook comments and posted them below. First we’ll hear from the haters, then the trolls. Here are the haters:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now for the funniest comments from Play-Doh’s Facebook page. Let’s hear it for the trolls,
All eyes will be on Play-Doh for the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see how they maneuver their way out of this public relations nightmare.

Back to top Go down
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!   Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Yah i wouldnt want my kids playing with it either to be honest. I mean im no stick in the mud but thats a bit dumb for a kids toy. Like....who didnt catch that shit? LOL
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!   Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:09 am

OK. I seen this on the news. First of all, how sick minded do you have to be? Kids have no clue it looks like a dick. Why does everyone turn shit into something bigger than what it needs to be. Lol. Just let your kids play its a toy not meant to be perverted.
Back to top Go down
Bethers
Bethers
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!   Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 4:28 am

floofychic wrote:
OK. I seen this on the news. First of all, how sick minded do you have to be? Kids have no clue it looks like a dick. Why does everyone turn shit into something bigger than what it needs to be. Lol. Just let your kids play its a toy not meant to be perverted.
My thoughts exactly!
Back to top Go down

MsXavier
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!   Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 9:46 pm

I don't see the big deal, but then again, I'm not a mom. That might change things, I guess. But I kinda want to buy this for the annoying neighbor kid Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! 1151029373
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!   Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parents Are Furious Over A Play-Doh Toy That Looks Like A Dil-Doh!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1