Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Earlier Bedtime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 9:12 am

Quote :
We all know that kids need to get enough sleep at night, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] presented last week at the Australasian conference Sleep DownUnder found that giving kids an early bedtime, before 8:30 p.m., is also a key element of a happy, well-rested family. An earlier bedtime for kids means parents have more hours to focus on self-care, catch up on obligations, and spend alone time as a couple, plus they get a good night’s rest — and that makes for a more balanced life and happier adults.

Read entire article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you send your kids to bed early or let them stay up late? If you send them to bed at an earlier time do you agree with this article about it making for a happier overall home?
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 9:29 am

I don't know about other families, but this doesn't really apply to me or Bryon. I am always tired, but that is a mixture of health issues and having a baby in the house, and Bryon works third shift. Aiden is supposed to be in bed at 9, but it's been 10 for a while now. At his age he isn't tired any earlier unless he was up super early or had a busy day. He wakes up at 7:30 and is usually good to go. I feed the baby around 10 and then he sleeps until about 4:30, sometimes longer until he wakes up and wants fed. Our schedule isn't typical for a normal family, though I'm sure this article is right on for many families.
Back to top Go down
ash.elle
ash.elle
VIP
VIP

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 9:32 am

Sounds about right. I put Nya to bed at 9 and if it's any later whatsoever, she's completely miserable the next day. 
I actually put her to bed at 8:30 last night because of the time change.
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Freebird
VIP
VIP

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 12:33 pm

I think it's different for everyone and you need to do what works best for your family. I do see the reasoning behind the article but everyone is different and what works great for one family might not be so good for another.
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Right now the girls go to bed at 9pm and it works for us. I get my time and time with rick and get to do some things around the house before I go to bed at 10 or 1030. When rick was third shift and during the summer they went to bed at 10. I like them going to bed at 9 and when rick goes back to the third shift I will keep the bed time at 9.

However I think it's different for every child and family. What's works for some may not work for others.
Back to top Go down
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Yah this article is pretty accurate in my experience. Matt & I are early risers (between 5:30 & 6:30) and the kids wake up at 7 to be ready to leave for school by 8:18. The girls are usually in bed by 8 or 815 because it takes them about 30 to 60 minutes to fall asleep. I extended their bed time last year because they were older but i noticed they had more behavorial issues at times and were cranky when they got home. So it went back to 750 or 8.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 9:30 am

I've always put my kids to bed early!!! Mila is in bed between 7-7:30, Braxton between 7:30-8 and when Ava is here she's in bed at 8. I do early bed tie because I am selfish and I NEED my alone time in the evenings to eat dinner to myself and watch Tv or just be alone lol
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Earlier Bedtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earlier Bedtime   Earlier Bedtime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earlier Bedtime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Up Your Cupcake :: HOT TOPICS & E-DISCUSSIONS ♥ :: Parents vs. Attacktivists :: The Juice Box-