Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Empty
PostSubject: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

VIDEO URL: http://bcove.me/aicedhxl
1:35 PM EST, March 2, 2015

The verdict is in. The mommy blogger accused of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]her own five-year-old son with salt is guilty!

Lacey Spears turned her head as the jury foreman read the verdict: Guilty of second-degree murder.

The 27-year-old single mom wrote a widely-read blog in which she detailed the struggle in dealing with her son Garnett's health issues. 

But, authorities say she caused at least some of the boy's illnesses. 

HLN's Nancy Grace told INSIDE EDITION, "She was soaking it up like a sponge. All of the questions, all of the sympathy, the empathy, the responses, the adulation for her being such a good and loyal mom, never leaving his side. She didn't leave his side not out of love - she stayed by his side to continue to poison her baby. " 

Last January, when Garnett was hospitalized, Spears actually poured salt into his feeding tube. 

Doreen Lloyd, Assistant DA, said in court, "Not just a pinch of salt, a massive and deadly amount of salt with only one purpose - to poison her son."

Nancy Grace said, "She describes how he's raised up off his hospital bed in pain. Clutching his head, screaming in pain 'Mommy help me,' and you know what mommy did? She put more salt in his feeding bag."

Little Garnett died from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]swelling caused by elevated sodium levels. 

In closing arguments, Spears' attorney described her as a caring mom.

He said, "They sleep in the bed together, she tucks him in, she snuggles with him, when he's getting ill she brings her face close to his and rubs his cheek."

But, the jury didn't buy it.

Grace added, "The possibilities are 15-to-life behind bars. Life is not enough for this woman."
Back to top Go down
KaoticLette
KaoticLette
Staff Team
Staff Team

PostSubject: Re: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Munchhausen by proxy for sure. My exes ex wife has that. So sad that she did that too her own child.
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 10:28 am

Omg! I never understand why or how a parent can do this to their child! Poor boy!
Back to top Go down
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Nancy Grace is a cunt. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Selli
Selli
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:54 pm

OMG!!!! I dont understand how someone can hurt their own child. I hate myself for even spanking my child and making them cry but that is beyond horrible. I hope she lives a long life in prison so she can live with what she has done. Or better yet...someone put a feeding tube in her. and pour a shit load of salt into it!!! Let her feel the pain she put her son through.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 6:04 pm

She's a sick, sick woman!
Back to top Go down
Wendynas
Wendynas
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 pm

This makes me so sad. I can't imagine how a mother could do this.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"   Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mom Convicted Of Poisoning Son With Salt, 'Seemed To Relish Attention"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1