Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone? Empty
PostSubject: Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone?   Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

The parents of two children, ages 10 and 6 have been found guilty of unsubstantiated child neglect after they let the two walk a mile back home from a playground. 

Should kids walk home alone?

Back to top Go down
ash.elle
ash.elle
VIP
VIP

Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone?   Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 8:15 pm

My 10 yr old sister walks my 7 yr old daughter home from school sometimes... The entire staff at the school is aware of it and I've never had anyone tell me it's not a good idea.
I feel like there must be more to it... Or I'm just a shitty parent...
Back to top Go down
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone?   Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 1:21 pm

I think that ten is a reasonable age for children to walk home, I would never send Hayden out by himself, not even Javen. But they are 4 and 7. At ten the child should know how to get home so that they don't get lost, be aware of watching for traffic and understand not talking to strangers. Kids need to learn how to be responsible, and if they are responsible I don't understand what the big deal is.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone?   Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parents of 10 yr old & 6 yr old Found GUILTY of Child Neglect - Should Kids Walk Home Alone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1