Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her Empty
PostSubject: Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her   Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Quote :
Jim and Cindy Walsh would be so mad at these two. Jason Priestley shined a light on Shannen Doherty's bad girl ways in his 2014 memoir, and the actress still isn't over it. In a new interview with Sirius XM's Just Jenny host, Jenny Hutt, Doherty conjectured that Priestley's horrific 2002 car accident is probably what inspired him to write what she says are fictional tales.

"I love Jason, but you know he had a car accident, a racing accident, and I think maybe parts of his memory got altered from that," Doherty, 43, alleged during the program, which is set to air on Friday, Jan. 16, at 8 p.m. EST. "Everybody changes. They have their own perception of the truth. His is definitely different than mine."

Priestley, now 45, was involved in a scary, near-fatal car crash back in August 2002 that left him with a fractured spine and a serious head injury. At the time, he crashed his race car into the wall during the Indy Racing Infiniti Pro Series at Kentucky Speedway while going 180 mph.

Doherty and Priestley played siblings Brenda and Brandon Walsh on the Aaron Spelling teen series Beverly Hills, 90210 in the early '90s. Doherty was written off the show in the fourth season in 1994 following behind-the-scenes drama, leaving a bad taste in the mouths of some of her costars, Priestley in particular. In his memoir, he specifically opened up about her reaction when Fox executives sent the stars a private jet for a last-minute New York City business meeting.

"I could not believe my ears at Shannen's very first words after she boarded," Priestley wrote. "Her butt had barely hit her seat before she said loudly to the PR person, 'Really? A town car? You send a town car to take me to the airport, not a limo?' She sighed a very put-upon sigh. I laughed, as I couldn't really tell if Shannen was kidding or not."

He continued: "But that was just the beginning. I looked on, becoming more uneasy by the minute as she began bitching about the short notice and the food on board and the temperature in the cabin and everything else."

During her chat on Just Jenny, Doherty commented on the transportation episode from Priestley's book. "Supposedly I wanted a limo, and I've always hated limos my entire life," she said. "I find them embarrassing and grotesque. I mean, there are things that would in no way happen. Like, I didn't even go on that jet at that point in time. It's like, 'Wait, wait, wait! You totally confused me with somebody else maybe from the show?!"

She added: "I don't really know. I just know that at some point everybody just needs to sell a book. Right?"

The cast has all gone their separate ways since roaming the halls of Beverly Hills High, with Doherty even rekindling her relationship with costar Jennie Garth. (The actresses butted heads off camera back in the day.) "Ian [Ziering], Brian [Austin Green] and Jennie are the three that I've remained close with," Doherty told Hutt.

As for Tori Spelling? The Off the Map star briefly commented on Spelling's Lifetime reality series, True Tori, which famously laid bare Spelling's devastating marriage crisis with husband Dean McDermott. "I would never in a million years choose that for myself. Ever. But she's gotta -- that's her choice of how she wants to deal with it," Doherty said. "Some people need to put it out there," she added. "It is a choice I'd never make because there's just no mystery."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wendynas
Wendynas
VIP
VIP

Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her   Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm "older" and recall Shannon Doherty in interviews and on talk shows back in the day when Beverly Hills 90210 was new. I recall she was snotty and sounded spoiled. Aaron Spelling also fired her. I believe Jason Priestly. Even with a head injury.
Back to top Go down

Shannen Doherty Says Jason Priestley's 2002 Car Accident Altered His Memory of Her

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1