Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Empty
PostSubject: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 7:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 1:26 pm

This is a horrible situation. Those dogs are highly trained and they are legally allowed to go in ANYWHERE in the united states. They can fly on planes, go into bars, restaurants you name it. It is illegal to turn someone away due to their service animal. I am personally glad that the santa and elf was fired. They obviously lack the empathy needed to hold that job and have no business doing it.

I applaud the mall for trying to make the situation right, but I am just heartbroken that this experience has ruined Christmas for this little girl.

PS... look how cute that friggin dog is!!! Yeah, he looks like a killer in his reindeer gear -_-
Back to top Go down
bloggirl
bloggirl
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:55 pm

ill be dead honest, put bulls scare me to death...that said..what that santa did was so very wrong and im glad he was fired! this was not a pet that you had no idea what the temperament might be...this is a SERVICE DOG...i agree with Tori...so sad that she's so down on santa and christmas now...no child should be made to feel like that!
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:40 am

Ok First off this is a service dog which means that its just not a dog off the street where you have no background idea. It is highly skilled and highly trained just for this little girl. They go anywhere and everywhere. For this Santa to turn her away because of her service dog is ridiculous. Im glad his damn ass was fired and I hope he aint hired anywhere else as a Santa ever. A person being Santa has to empathetic to everyone and their needs.

Kudos to the mall for reaching out and making the situation right. However I feel horrible for this little girl and what she went through and what she may have felt. That is heart wrenching.

Secondly, I am so sick and tired of hearing the negative on pit bulls. If raised, trained, and brought up in a loving home these dogs are the best! They are protective and loyal. I would leave my child with my dog over a lot of people including family members. He looks out for my kids and since Kamila was an infant always nudged her away from areas she shouldnt be at. When her asthma acts up while she is sleeping he comes and alerts me. When she has night terrors he is the first one there comforting her. She jumps, uses him as a stool, chews on him, pulls on him and he dont budge or flinch. Any dog can bite and be aggressive. My neighbor was mauled by a Labrador and still has the scars. My sil was attacked by a retriever. Its not just pit bulls. Ok sorry, end of rant!
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:43 am

Also that little girl is adorable and her dog, I just want to squeeze his face! He is so cute in his reindeer outfit!
Back to top Go down
ash.elle
ash.elle
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:52 pm

This is extremely sad. I'm sure the dog is a sweetheart but like Jen said, I'm also scared of pitbulls because the only time they're ever talked about is in a negative way and I guess that's kind of brainwashed me (for lack of a better term) into being terrified of the breed. Pittbulls are also banned where I live so that doesn't help
That being said, I find it deplorable that a man dressed as Santa (knowing full well how child view Santa) would refuse to let her near him. I dont understand how he could be such an idiot to think the dog, who's been very highly trained, would be anything but a sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:10 am

I'm sorry for my language but fuck that. This is pure ignorance at it's finest. I am so sick and tired of seeing pits get a bad rap because of idiots that don't know how to raise the breed right. It's just like saying all black people are on welfare because of a few, or all cops are bad because of a few bad ones....you catch my drift. It's stereotyping at it's finest.

That picture just melts my heart and makes me a little teary because it's so sweet!!! Any "domestic" (and I put that in parenthesis because I don't think any animal could ever be 100% domesticated) animal such as a dog has a chance of snapping or being mean. In my experience I have seen more mean dogs that are small breeds such as chihuahuas, more than big dogs. Once when I was about 6 or 7 I was riding my bike around my neighborhood in the summer, two of our neighbors dogs jumped the fence and tried to attack me. They were German Shepherds. Do I think all Shepherds are bad because of this...no? They are actually my fav dog breed. This was a classic result of ass hole kids that constantly teased these dogs day in and out and the owner's neglect. This story makes me sad
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog   Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mall Santa Turns Away Girl with Autism Because of Pit Bull Service Dog

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1