Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

CDC: Transmission Of Ebola

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

CDC: Transmission Of Ebola Empty
PostSubject: CDC: Transmission Of Ebola   CDC: Transmission Of Ebola Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Quote :
Because the natural reservoir host of Ebola viruses has not yet been identified, the manner in which the virus first appears in a human at the start of an outbreak is unknown. However, researchers believe that the first patient becomes infected through contact with an infected animal.

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes in, for example, the eyes, nose, or mouth) with

blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
infected animals
Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats. There is no evidence that mosquitos or other insects can transmit Ebola virus. Only mammals (for example, humans, bats, monkeys, and apes) have shown the ability to become infected with and spread Ebola virus.
Healthcare providers caring for Ebola patients and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids of sick patients.

During outbreaks of Ebola, the disease can spread quickly within healthcare settings (such as a clinic or hospital). Exposure to Ebola can occur in healthcare settings where hospital staff are not wearing appropriate protective equipment, including masks, gowns, and gloves and eye protection.

Dedicated medical equipment (preferable disposable, when possible) should be used by healthcare personnel providing patient care. Proper cleaning and disposal of instruments, such as needles and syringes, is also important. If instruments are not disposable, they must be sterilized before being used again. Without adequate sterilization of the instruments, virus transmission can continue and amplify an outbreak.

Once someone recovers from Ebola, they can no longer spread the virus. However, Ebola virus has been found in semen for up to 3 months. Abstinence from sex (including oral sex) is recommended for at least 3 months. If abstinence is not possible, condoms may help prevent the spread of disease.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: CDC: Transmission Of Ebola   CDC: Transmission Of Ebola Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:29 am

Yea I read this! My problem is I saw a video where she was in a full hazmat suit and so were people from the CDC but a man was not in any protection and in regular clothing. So if she needs a suit and so do the cdc why dont he?

Also if its not airborne then her being in a full hazmat suit should be enough, why do all the other cdc people transporting also have to be in a hazmat suit? I know its probably just for ultimate protection but it kind of makes me wonder if we are being told everything.

Plus I watched yesterday on cspan the representatives questioning doctors from the cdc, they were stumbling and stuttering all over their answers. Answering around the bush, ect.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CDC: Transmission Of Ebola   CDC: Transmission Of Ebola Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:36 am

The only thing that stood out to me was that "Ebola can be found in semen for up to 3 months..."

Better not swallow.  CDC: Transmission Of Ebola 1145383994
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: CDC: Transmission Of Ebola   CDC: Transmission Of Ebola Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:42 am

Rachel wrote:
The only thing that stood out to me was that "Ebola can be found in semen for up to 3 months..."

Better not swallow.  CDC: Transmission Of Ebola 1145383994

OMG!!!! LMFAO!!!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CDC: Transmission Of Ebola   CDC: Transmission Of Ebola Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CDC: Transmission Of Ebola

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1