Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Empty
PostSubject: This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola   This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:20 am

[quote="The hospital specialized in treating patients with Smallpox and allowed officials to isolate infected individuals from the public. Over time, it was used to treat patients with other quarantinable diseases. Later, it served as a place to accommodate returning World War II veterans and the center eventually opened to provide treatment for drug addicts. A decade later, in 1963, it was ultimately closed and abandoned. Since, the island’s facilities have been decommissioned and the grounds are closed to the public. The island now serves as a bird sanctuary. Photographs reveal the former hospital and facilities crumbling and overrun by plants. City council member Mark Levine recently visited the island, telling the Gothamist it’s filled with “so much history” like “how we’ve dealt with epidemics.” “To visit there was an experience unlike any other that I’ve had,” Levine he said. “These ruins of the former hospital that have been overrun by nature,” he continued to the Gothamist. “The experience of being completely isolated in this forest with these half decayed beautiful buildings as you faintly hear in the background the sounds of the city.” ]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ash.elle
ash.elle
VIP
VIP

This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola   This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:46 am

Sounds like something straight outta Ghost Adventures lol. Probably haunted as shit
Back to top Go down
bloggirl
bloggirl
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola   This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:56 pm

I love reading about stuff like this! I would love to visit and walk around and take some great pictures :D
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola   This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:32 am

I agree! It would be amazing to see it in person, take pictures and see it.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola   This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:35 am

I was just going to say... #GhostHunters much?! lol
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola   This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:36 am

Rachel wrote:
I was just going to say... #GhostHunters much?! lol

We should email this to them and maybe they will investigate it! You know that shits haunted!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola   This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Is Where We Used to Quarantine People Infected With Deadly Diseases Like Ebola

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1