Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Empty
PostSubject: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Quote :
One hundred and sixty-five years ago on October 7, 1849, Edgar Allan Poe died a mysterious death. Christopher P. Semtner, curator of the Edgar Allan Poe Museum in Richmond, VA, offers 13 facts about the circumstances surrounding his untimely demise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Photo: Edgar Allan Poe Museum)

The breadth of Edgar Allan Poe’s influence on our culture is incalculable.
He invented the detective story, contributed to the development of both science fiction and the horror genre, and wrote about the only American poem anybody knows—certainly the only one popular enough to have an NFL team named after it.

His aesthetic and themes have influenced such cultural figures as Salvador Dali, Charles Baudelaire, and Alfred Hitchcock, who credited Poe’s works with inspiring him to make suspense films. A century and a half after his death, Poe still makes appearances on television shows like The Following and South Park as well as the upcoming movies The Tell-Tale Heart starring Rose McGowan and Stonehearst Asylum with Kate Beckinsale and Michael Caine. In addition to numerous Poe societies (including ones in Denmark and the Czech Republic), there are museums devoted to him in Richmond, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and the Bronx. Opened in 1922, the Poe Museum in Richmond boasts the world’s largest collection of Poe’s personal items and memorabilia.

Back to top Go down
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Very interesting
Back to top Go down
Wendynas
Wendynas
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:29 pm

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."

I loved reading Poe's work, but it is quite scary at night.
Back to top Go down
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 1:33 am

Wendynas wrote:
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."

I loved reading Poe's work, but it is quite scary at night.

Oh that's when i love it the most.
It gives me such a serene and peaceful and thoughtful vibe.
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:52 am

Very interesting!

I love his work!
Back to top Go down
Bethers
Bethers
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:04 pm

I remember reading his stories in school and even out of school.
Back to top Go down
KaoticLette
KaoticLette
Staff Team
Staff Team

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Very interesting! I have always loved Poe's work.
Back to top Go down
armyknightsbelle
armyknightsbelle
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm

I love Poe :) Classic lit is my fav
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death   13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1