Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Share | .

Circumcision Opinion Poll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results
AuthorMessage
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Feel free to share your vote choice and why you chose it.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
CrankyWidget

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:24 am

Guests aren't allowed to post links.  Look up the wiki for foreskin.

"the complex innervation of the foreskin and frenulum has been well documented, and the genitally intact male has thousands of fine touch receptors and other highly erogenous nerve endings."

Hrm, I can't find something that states 20,000 nerve endings on any sites that are not intactivist sites.... so  I admit. The number may be wrong.  

I do however know from personal experience and from the wiki (which I encourage you to read all of) that the foreskin is a highly functional and pleasurable part of the male anatomy.

I'm obviously not going to get through to you at all.  You'd rather pick on me like a bunch of middle schoolers.  
I am done because you are only going to accept facts if they come from your pre approved sources, when your sources are pro circ.

I just don't think its right.

That's all.

I can't make any of you a better person.
Back to top Go down
CrankyWidget

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:26 am

I'm not a fanatic and I haven't called you any of those things. Quit blaming me for things I didn't do.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:28 am

CrankyWidget wrote:
Guests aren't allowed to post links.  Look up the wiki for foreskin.

"the complex innervation of the foreskin and frenulum has been well documented, and the genitally intact male has thousands of fine touch receptors and other highly erogenous nerve endings."

Hrm, I can't find something that states 20,000 nerve endings on any sites that are not intactivist sites.... so  I admit. The number may be wrong.  

I do however know from personal experience and from the wiki (which I encourage you to read all of) that the foreskin is a highly functional and pleasurable part of the male anatomy.

I'm obviously not going to get through to you at all.  You'd rather pick on me like a bunch of middle schoolers.  
I am done because you are only going to accept facts if they come from your pre approved sources, when your sources are pro circ.

I just don't think its right.

That's all.

I can't make any of you a better person.

I've actually read the Wiki, but I will re-read it tomorrow.

I'm also not picking on you. You came here to reply. The link to this thread was shared in an anti-circumcision group so that they could troll here. 

It's also not about changing minds, it's about opening minds, being respectful, and acknowledging the facts.

You don't have to worry about making any of us a better person. I know most of these people and they are all good women. Your close minded attitude by saying that just shows what type of person you are. You don't have to come back to this thread.

Last edited by Rachel on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 am

Also, I prefer sources that are legit medical sites. Not made from foreskin fanatics, especially those that find it amusing to bully, harass, threaten, and stalk.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:33 am

CrankyWidget wrote:
I'm not a fanatic and I haven't called you any of those things.  Quit blaming me for things I didn't do.

Where did you find the link to this thread? Are you afraid to tell me the Facebook group/page it was shared on?
Back to top Go down
CrankyWidget

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:35 am

Because a parents choice will affect the boy for the rest of his life.  It's not your decision to make. At least I don't feel like it is your decision to make.  You're cutting a piece of his body off.  What if something went wrong and he did have a problem, or what if he grew up and decided he wanted it?  You keep talking about things going wrong with the foreskin...  why don't you wait to address a problem IF one develops, instead of making a choice for him that can't be unmade.
I agree that it should be  His body, His choice.  I think thats fair.
Back to top Go down
CrankyWidget

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 am

Excuse me, two of the women on here made fun of my vagina and called me dirty. I never did anything like that.

I got it from an intactivist group on facebook. I'm not afraid to tell you that.  Just because I'm an intactivist doesn't mean I'm just like them.  This whole thing stemmed from an opinion poll.  I gave you my opinion.

These good women didn't represent themselves very well if they had to result to middle school tactics. I'm not the only woman who gets yeast infections. Or else there wouldn't be commercials about probiotics and yeast infection treatments. Using that against me was plain hurtful and immature.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:40 am

CrankyWidget wrote:
Because a parents choice will affect the boy for the rest of his life.  It's not your decision to make. At least I don't feel like it is your decision to make.  You're cutting a piece of his body off.  What if something went wrong and he did have a problem, or what if he grew up and decided he wanted it?  You keep talking about things going wrong with the foreskin...  why don't you wait to address a problem IF one develops, instead of making a choice for him that can't be unmade.
I agree that it should be  His body, His choice.  I think thats fair.

The PROS and CONS on BOTH sides are equal. Therefore, it's up to the parents. Just the same as vaccinations, which I do find comparable. 

Not everyone on this forum has a circumcised son, we just respect each others parenting decisions and are smart enough to educate ourselves and discuss it.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:41 am

CrankyWidget wrote:
Excuse me, two of the women on here made fun of my vagina and called me dirty. I never did anything like that.

I got it from an intactivist group on facebook. I'm not afraid to tell you that.  Just because I'm an intactivist doesn't mean I'm just like them.  This whole thing stemmed from an opinion poll.  I gave you my opinion.

These good women didn't represent themselves very well if they had to result to middle school tactics.  I'm not the only woman who gets yeast infections. Or else there wouldn't be commercials about probiotics and yeast infection treatments.  Using that against me was plain hurtful and immature.

I'm not those two women, but in their defense, your first initial post wasn't very nice. You insulted everyone here first.

The name of the group please? It's not like it's going to hurt the group you came from. I made this section of the forum public for a reason. If I didn't want you here, I'd make it private for members only.
Back to top Go down
CrankyWidget

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:49 am

My first post wasn't very nice because I am offended by comments talking about wanting to cut off the foreskin because of how it looks. That upsets me. I think it's wrong to cut off a functional piece of the anatomy because of how it looks.

By the way, I don't like the tactics of some of my fellow intactivists. I think they go too far and become too cruel. I feel just as strongly as they do... but I try not to get mean. I only got mean when I saw a post about a preemie in nicu, a baby with tubes in him and they were posting about getting him circumcised. I cannot abide performing elective surgery on a tiny little sick baby with tubes in him. That infuriated me.

I've seen videos of babies being circumcised .. and listened to them scream. I also saw a couple videos where they thankfully did use anesthesia.. but the whole experience of being strapped down, and cold and hungry (they don't do the surgery when baby has a full tummy, in case he throws up) is upsetting and traumatizing too.

I threw up from pain on Saturday morning. It takes an incredible amount of pain to cause someone to vomit....

(Dentist fucked up a filling, I'm getting an emergency root canal tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 am

CrankyWidget wrote:
My first post wasn't very nice because I am offended by comments talking about wanting to cut off the foreskin because of how it looks.  That upsets me.  I think it's wrong to cut off a functional piece of the anatomy because of how it looks.

By the way, I don't like the tactics of some of my fellow intactivists.  I think they go too far and become too cruel.  I feel just as strongly as they do... but I try not to get mean.  I only got mean when I saw a post about a preemie in nicu, a baby with tubes in him and they were posting about getting him circumcised.  I cannot abide performing elective surgery on a tiny little sick baby with tubes in him.  That infuriated me.

I've seen videos of babies being circumcised .. and listened to them scream.  I also saw a couple videos where they thankfully did use anesthesia..  but the whole experience of being strapped down, and cold and hungry  (they don't do the surgery when baby has a full tummy, in case he throws up) is upsetting and traumatizing too.

I threw up from pain on Saturday morning.  It takes an incredible amount of pain to cause someone to vomit....

(Dentist fucked up a filling, I'm getting an emergency root canal tomorrow)

I believe one reply stated that they preferred circumcision because it looked better.

I've been a witness to a circumcision and I believe a lot of the videos are exaggerated, but that's just my opinion on the matter. 

I respect your opinion and you were more than welcome to post it here. I am going to just agree to disagree with you on most of this and leave it at that. It's going on 3am here and I need to get some sleep. I'm sorry you felt offended by some posts, but everyone has their own views on this topic.
Back to top Go down
FatAmy
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:11 am

I can honestly say, I came off defencive because you kept telling us we needed to think and kept going on. As if I'm too stupid. So yes. I'm going to use similar tactics.
Back to top Go down
Guest_Reply

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:41 pm

As normal, this topic quickly gets heated! I won't go near the nerve ending debate as I don't think I've seen any fully supported studies on this.

As I said before, for me parents choice is just that, it doesn't mean one persons decision is right for anyone else. This could be a never ending debate!

What I have noticed is that the people who support circumcision, or those who are neutral don't spend as much time as the anti circumcision crowd trying to persuade others that their view is right. In fact a number of intactivists seem to spend a lot of time trying to convince others they are right. However they often end up harassing or bullying those that have an opposing view, and in many cases they end up targeting those who have already circumcised their sons. A bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

In most cases their argumentative nature does nothing to change the opinions of those they attack. Not that this is surprising, attack will lead to the others defending their position and becoming more entrenched.

Wouldn't it be better if they tried to persuade those who could make a difference, like the government? If they are so convinced that the overwhelming evidence is that circumcision harms, surely with all their effort they could make a real difference and get the procedure stopped? Or is it that they have tried this and their position was rejected, because the large medical association studies do not support that view, that there are religious freedoms to uphold and that the vast majority believe it is actually a valid parenting decision to make. Let's face it, circumcision is just one of millions of decisions, big or small, that a parent has to make for their child. So many others will have a much more significant impact on the person that son becomes.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Guest_Reply wrote:
As normal, this topic quickly gets heated! I won't go near the nerve ending debate as I don't think I've seen any fully supported studies on this.

As I said before, for me parents choice is just that, it doesn't mean one persons decision is right for anyone else. This could be a never ending debate!

What I have noticed is that the people who support circumcision, or those who are neutral don't spend as much time as the anti circumcision crowd trying to persuade others that their view is right. In fact a number of intactivists seem to spend a lot of time trying to convince others they are right. However they often end up harassing or bullying those that have an opposing view, and in many cases they end up targeting those who have already circumcised their sons. A bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

In most cases their argumentative nature does nothing to change the opinions of those they attack. Not that this is surprising, attack will lead to the others defending their position and becoming more entrenched.

Wouldn't it be better if they tried to persuade those who could make a difference, like the government? If they are so convinced that the overwhelming evidence is that circumcision harms, surely with all their effort they could make a real difference and get the procedure stopped? Or is it that they have tried this and their position was rejected, because the large medical association studies do not support that view, that there are religious freedoms to uphold and that the vast majority believe it is actually a valid parenting decision to make. Let's face it, circumcision is just one of millions of decisions, big or small, that a parent has to make for their child. So many others will have a much more significant impact on the person that son becomes.

I have nothing to add other than well said!
Back to top Go down
DaBitch
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Parents choice I think xx
Back to top Go down
FatAmy
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Rachel wrote:
Guest_Reply wrote:

I have nothing to add other than well said!

ditto
Back to top Go down
Bethers
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Parent’s choice. It’s up to every individual parent on what they want to do.
Back to top Go down
pnafan
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:19 am

I am pro parents choice. I don't have a son and probably won't but in doing research, I don't think I would circumcise but it should be up to the parent whether they make that decision. I also like the idea of the young man making that decision when he is older.
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:24 am

Rachel wrote:
FatAmy wrote:
So since it's life altering......when the dr asked me if I would sign to have my 4 yr Olds appendix removed should I have said well its not my choice?

Good point!

We could also add vaccinations (which have been known to cause death, even if the % is not much), removal of the Gall Bladder, Appendix, Wisdom Teeth, choosing your child's diet, etc.

Exactly!!! Great point!!!
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:47 am

I'm pro parent choice. It is up to the parent to do decide what is best for their children. I don't have a son but if I DID then it would be up to ME and MY HUSBAND to decide and NO ONE elses business!
Back to top Go down

Vampressmom
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:45 pm

i am Parents choice. what you do for the benefits of your child is none of my concern. personally for my family its best to circ. with an autistic child i doubt he would have been able to clean his peepee on his own. so to cut down stress for us and adding to the already countless doctors appointments circ was the best way to go. if someone attempts to bash me on it i have a brick for your face. bring it
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Vampressmom wrote:
i am Parents choice. what you do for the benefits of your child is none of my concern. personally for my family its best to circ. with an autistic child i doubt he would have been able to clean his peepee on his own. so to cut down stress for us and adding to the already countless doctors appointments circ was the best way to go. if someone attempts to bash me on it i have a brick for your face. bring it

No one here would ever bash you, if anything, that's actually a good point. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:50 pm

I voted anti circumcision. ONLY the person with the body should be making decisions regarding body modifications ........ It's really not a parents right to make such a proxy consent unless it's a life threatening situation. Most doctors agree that circumcision is not medically necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:53 pm

If you had a female child with autism......would you have the same reasoning and be cutting off her labia to make hygiene easier? It's a fair question. Or is it just boys who have hygiene issues in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Mare54 wrote:
If you had a female child with autism......would you have the same reasoning and be cutting off her labia to make hygiene easier?  It's a fair question.  Or is it just boys who have hygiene issues in your opinion?  

Surely you understand that a penis and a vagina are NOT the same.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Circumcision Opinion Poll   

Back to top Go down

Circumcision Opinion Poll

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Up Your Cupcake :: HOT TOPICS & E-DISCUSSIONS ♥ :: Parents vs. Attacktivists-