Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Michael Brown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

Michael Brown Empty
PostSubject: Michael Brown   Michael Brown Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 7:54 am

Quote :
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The mourners filled an enormous church to remember Michael Brown — recalling him as a "gentle giant," aspiring rapper and recent high school graduate on his way to a technical college.

But the funeral that unfolded Monday was about much more than the black 18-year-old who lay in the closed casket after being shot to death by a white police officer. The emotional service sought to consecrate Brown's death as another in the long history of the civil rights movement and implored black Americans to change their protest chants into legislation and law.

Go [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to read entire article.

The forum wasn't going when everything in Ferguson began but I know that there are opinions everywhere about this situation.

What are some thoughts from you ladies about the Michael Brown killing??
Do you think that the cop was in the right to shoot him?
What have you heard about this case (so many variations)
Do you think that the police is being fair to the protestors and the journalists?
Should military presence be in Ferguson? (they have called in the National Guard/reserves)

Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

Michael Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Brown   Michael Brown Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 am

What are some thoughts from you ladies about the Michael Brown killing??

First there are so many variations of this story. If it was his life being in danger then yes I would shoot. However there are so many ways to take him down without killing him.

Do you think that the cop was in the right to shoot him?
I dont think the cop was in the right. Just because you are a police officer does not give the right to kill someone. If my life was in danger yes I would shoot. However as a cop there are many ways to apprehend a person or criminal without killing them.

What have you heard about this case (so many variations)

Ive heard multiple stories and takes on what happened from the police, the witnesses, and others. Ive heard the cop was away from him when the killing happened, I heard he was in his car being beat when it happened. Ive heard some info that makes sense and some that is just bizarre. then hearing info that was not released at first.

Do you think that the police is being fair to the protestors and the journalists?

I honestly have not been watching the last few days being so busy with planning my girls birthday parties and school so not sure on this info.

Should military presence be in Ferguson? (they have called in the National Guard/reserves)
If the cops cant control the riots and situations and innocent people are being injured and killed then yes call them in for extra help and reinforcement. However they should not be called in to start shooting and killing people.
Back to top Go down
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

Michael Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Brown   Michael Brown Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 7:44 am

I haven't followed this case and am glad Tori gave me the run down of it last week on the phone. So after reading a few articles, I really feel like the cop was completely out of line. Why was it necessary to shoot a young man 6 times? Reports are saying that he had his hands in the air. I sincerely hope they do a proper investigation of this cop and get that man in jail. He is not an officer of the law, he is a murdered.

Any news updates on how the investigation is going? 
How are things in Ferguson now?
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

Michael Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Brown   Michael Brown Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:10 pm

I havnt been watching constantly but the latest I heard was all the cops were being investigated as more stuff comes out. I also saw a video where someone stole 2 bottles of pop and waited for the cops(to prove a point I guess) and the cops opened fire killing him. He had no gun on him. Then had the nerve to handcuff him after he was dead. Really?!!! They have tasers that fire at range. Killing him should not have happened.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Michael Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Brown   Michael Brown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Brown

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1