Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Please 'Register' or 'Log-in' to start interacting with the forum.
Up Your Cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Your Cupcake

Connect with other women from all over the world! Share advice, get support, & make lifelong friendships.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Portal
Forum
Memberlist
User Control Panel
Forum FAQ

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Tweet With Us ♥
Poll
What is your opinion on Male Infant Circumcision?
 Pro-Circumcision
 Pro-Parents Choice
 Anti-Circumcision
 I don't have an opinion.
View results

Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnarkyCupcake
SnarkyCupcake
Administrator
Administrator

Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Empty
PostSubject: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 am

How can someone command the world's most powerful military, without military background?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
epiod
epiod
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:22 am

I think it should be. AIn many countries it is required that presidents must serve in the military first. Hell, a lot of countries expect their princes to serve for them and they are royalty!
Back to top Go down
bloggirl
bloggirl
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:23 am

I agree with you and Tori...if you are going to be in a position to be in command of our armed forces you should have at least served some time in the military
Back to top Go down
GoddessMelody
GoddessMelody
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm

I absolutely think it should be a requirement. The military and all its branches are so intricate and deal with so much. Our good standing with other countries depends alot on our strength and our ability to deal with high stress issues which are mostly dealt with through security issues and backup. It just makes sense that the person in charge should have the experience and respect needed to make such decisions that come from a military background.
Back to top Go down
FatAmy
FatAmy
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 pm

I think they should. They would understand it better.
Back to top Go down
Bethers
Bethers
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 pm

I think so, yes. I mean if you haven’t, how the hell do you know what to do with our Military….
Back to top Go down
prdlatinamami
prdlatinamami
Blogger
Blogger

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:34 am

I agree with everyone! I think it should be. Like others have said, how do you know how to command if you have no experience!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:16 pm

I kind of feel like it isn't necessary. We don't require them to be first be an accountant, or a motivational public speaker. We don't ask that they have prior experience being a city manager, or state governor. They certainly aren't any kind of genius usually in public relations. Luckily appointments are made to head up these various roles. If we ask that our president first serve in the military, they will be likely missing the experience gained by holding prior public offices. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be helpful however.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 7:17 pm

I think THE MOST STRINGENT of background checks should be done on ANYONE & EVERYONE running for political office and most importantly the President of the United States--for goodness sakes!! AND NO RECORDS OF ANY KIND SHOULD BE BLOCKED!!! Blocked records means you have something to hide----it's not rocket science.
As far as actually serving in the military, it would be a major plus but not necessarily a need.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?   Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Military Background Be REQUIRED for Presidency?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Up Your Cupcake :: HOT TOPICS & E-DISCUSSIONS ♥ :: News & Views-